Sunday, November 21, 2010

Twisted Card #034 "Edge"

So this week's challenge at http://www.twistedsketches.com/ was to create a card incorporating "edge" as the twist. The card I created was for my aunt's 65th birthday. I incorporated the "edge" in several ways. The card reads, "live on the edge" and on the inside it says, "have the best birthday ever!" In addition, I used lots of different "edge" punches on the card itself. Edge punches are all the rage these days, and they are so fun to use. The edge punches I used are Martha Stewart's Loop Edge & Double Loops, as well as the Scroll & Dots by EK Success. Additional supplies used were: orange glitter alphas by Little Yellow Bicycle, black Dymo tape, swimming pool Loopy Lou stickers by Doodlebug Design, Sculpey hot pink clay, a sweet flower created using my Cricut Paisley cartridge and the yummy Hambly overlay, Vintage Patchwork. As for the actual papers, I used several sheets from the American Crafts Teen line...Class Clown, Class President & Honor Roll. The cool background paper that has the composition notebook pattern, is by Carol Wilson Fine Arts. Lastly I used lots of pop dots to give everything dimension.
To see the actual sketch, and other amazing interpretations please be sure to check out http://www.twistedsketches.com/ today! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

StephC said...

Wow, this is so bold and bright, and gorgeous! I love all of the punches you incorporated. Nicely done!

Valerie said...

Fantastic work Amy - love all the detail you put into this card!!

patti west said...

Hip, funky & cool!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Love this card...I agree ity is so bold and bright.