Saturday, November 27, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Cake Covers?

So, I recently made several cake domes on pedestals. Here is a pic of the 3 different sizes I made as a trio. Obviously they don't go together collectively, but it was fun to have them all together for display purposes. When they were on display at the Girlie Show, several times I overheard people saying that they had an unusual, whimsical feel....they said they automatically thought Alice in Wonderland! That is funny to me now, as the boys were dressed as the Mad Hatter & the Rabbit for Halloween. (see post below) I guess when I am in the middle of a hefty production timeframe, everything around me influences my creations. Literally!

12 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh Amy - these are beautiful!! I think they look beautiful together!

Sandie said...

Wow!! These are just so wonderful.

Nancy said...

THese look great TOGETHER! They are so much fun! awesome colors! fantastic work!

StephC said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Cute picture of your kiddos! :)

Jennie Skaggs said...

Love the pic of the kids and those cake plates are gorgeous.

Robin Thomas said...

Oh Amy, these are just beyond beautiful. I love love love them!

LollyChops said...

Hi! Your creations are STUNNING!!!!!!! I am just floored! I am heading over to check out your gallery now!!!! HUGS!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! These are soooooooooo beautiful. How long does something like this take to make? Beyond beautiful Amy!!!! xoxo

curlyqmosaics said...

Julie Ann: These little guys take me way longer than I would like! Since they are glass and round, it makes for a very slippery situation. I basically glue a few pieces, and wait, glue a few pieces, and wait....

Thanks dearly everyone for your comments!

Chrissy said...

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cake covers!

Gypsy Purple said...

I just LOVE this!!!

Irma said...

OMG this is creativity to the max...love those mosaic cakes!