Friday, February 1, 2013

Earth Angel Card/Tim Holtz CHA Project #3

Since I am still loving the hot trend right now with globes & maps, I decided to create a card for a friend using the globe motif.  Back in December, I created a dimensional wall piece out of a vintage pediment you can see here.  It was the catalyst that inspired this card. Tim Holtz' style portrays worldly, ecclectic & nostalgic in such a wonderful way...I knew I could create something fun.  Coupling lots of Tim's product both old and new, I created this sweet card.  I think the colors are so fresh with the aqua and kraft, coupled with the sentiment, I am sure it would brighten a dear friend's day.  Don't you? 

Here are my favorite details of the card...1.  the blended ink around the edges evokes a light and airy feeling, sort of like the sky (I LOVE how the resist on the paper accentuates the intricacy of the design.)  2.  That little airplane up in the corner, it is so cute and is part of the NEW Element Remnant Rub-ons.  3.  Last but certainly not least is the ROCK CANDY GLITTER!  I love the glistening it adds to the wings...I had never even heard of it until Tim mentioned it.  Let me just say, I am in love!!!  :)

With the exception of the copper sheeting, all the products used are Tim Holtz...BIGZ DIES:  Vintage Globe, Heart Wings & Regal Crest;  Chit-Chat Stickers, Kraft-Core Core'dinations Nostalgic, Paper Stash Kraft Resist 12X12, Alpha Tiles, Rock Candy Glitter, Paper Stash Collage 8X8, Tiny Attacher/Staples, Paper Twine & the NEW Element Remnant Rub-ons. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great evening!
Amy

8 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

This is wonderful, love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that map paper and LOVING the globe!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is truly spectacular!!!

Unknown said...

Love this!!! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This one was exceptional!!! Loved the color!!! Fabulous work!

Sharon Y said...

You have done a fantastic job on this card! Love the colors and the copper on the globe.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, is this EVER creative AND beautiful! Absolutely love it, Amy!

Lori said...

Your earth angel card is wonderful and so creative!