Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let Your Heart Take Flight...

Last summer I created a window box titled "Follow Your Heart" for my niece.  For my 2nd Tim Holtz CHA project, I decided to create a different version of the "Follow Your Heart" only this time using all Tim Holtz product.  You can check out the original version here.  It is amazing how different the second version looks! 

Since the entire creation was to be housed in a window box, there is tons of layering.  I challenged myself to see how many die-cuts I could incorporate into the overall design.  By the time I had it all laid out, I had used 5 different dies!  Nearing completion, I felt there was something missing.  Asking for a different set of eyes to brainstorm finishing touches, my mom suggested creating clouds in the background.  To her, the design had a steampunk feel...the star in the center reminded her of propellers on an airplane.  What a great idea mom!  Now, my challenge was to create clouds using Tim's product.  Playing around with my tools & scraps, I decided to create the clouds using the Layered Angel Wings Die!  I love finding different uses rather than the obvious sometimes, don't you?  By doing so, it can definitely turn into something magical!  :)

Just like the last TH project, I used tons of different product.  With the exception of some vintage flocked wallpaper for the wings, the cast iron star and the window box, everything is Tim Holtz.  In case you see anything you like, here is a complete listing of everything I used...Bigz Dies:  Layered Angel Wings, Regal Crest; Movers & Shapers Dies:  Mini Hearts Set, NEW Oval, & NEW Postage Stamp; Kraft Core'dinations Nostalgic Cardstock, NEW Paper Stash Collage 8X8, Paper Stash Kraft Resist 12X12, NEW Elements Tissue Tape (the pointed fingers around the inside of frame),  NEW Elements Remnant Rub-Ons, NEW Label Letters, Chit Chat Stickers, Journaling Tickets, Lavish Trimmings, Game Pieces & Ranger's Rich Red Embossing Powder.

Since Valentine's is just around the corner, I think this piece is perfect for this time of year.  Checking out some different challenges around the web, I found a Valentine's Day/Love & Ribbon Challenge over at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Blog.  I decided to enter my "Let Your Heart Take Flight" into the challenge.  Why not?  :)

Have a great evening!
Amy

12 comments:

Valerie said...

this is amazing, Amy - I love every single thing about it!!

Nancy said...

absolutely SENSATIONAL Amy!!! the layers and details are out of this world fantastic!!! Holtz was lucky to have you...and as Saylor would say, "Yeah, I said it!" :)

Chrissy said...

I am constantly astounded by the pieces you create. Your talent is phenomenal and this piece is no exception.

Congratulations on designing for Tim Holtz! I hope you continue to wow us all with your creativity and innovation.

~amy~ said...

i.love.this.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love that star and the wings!!! You are so amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Super awesome combination of colours and shapes!!! I love how it all comes together!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very nice!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge this week!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful project. Thanks so much for playing along in the Valentine/Love and Ribbon challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs....Ginny from Polly's.

lisa said...

Hiya : )
Thank you for stopping by my blog today, so lovely to see you. It feels really good to visit your blog again.Your work is always so inspiring. I love this project. Those are my colours right now.Just beautifully decorated xxx

Edi said...

Jika anda ingin memainkan permainan SicBo dan mendapatkan kemenangan lebih mudah serta cepat, disarankan mencoba menggunakan Bobol Server Judi SicBo.

Info Jitu
Hoki Pasti

balu said...


try this
good work
B Best Hair Oil

Edi said...

Jika anda ingin mendapatkan info lengkap Agen Gaming Online Terbaik Indonesia, cari dan temukan info lengkapnya yang tersedia dibawah ini.

infopendek
infojitu
situspanas
cheatpasti