Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thank You Card & "Fantastic Finds" Challenge

A few weeks ago I made this card for a dear, thoughtful friend. I am currently obsessing over the very centered, layering trend everywhere I look. Grabbing lots of my die-cuts and embsossed cardstock, I created this! Just a crazy concoction of colors, textures and patterns, don't you think? I played around with the placement, did some stitching to finish it off and voila...I love the outcome!

As those of you who know my style, I always love incorporating "fantastic finds" into my creations. To me, those types of items are the one-of-a-kind vintage items that make it truly unique. On this card, those finds are the yellow flocked wallpaper, the red tickets & the lotto card from the early 1920's I die-cut into the crest shape in the center. The Kraft Journal is currently hosting a Kraft "Fantastic Finds" Challenge, and what a perfect time to share!

Since there are many layers, I used lots of different products ...Cardstock: Crate Paper Farmhouse Sunday Dinner & Emma's Shoppe Accent Cuts, kraft; Die-cuts: Crate Paper Portrait & Emma's Shoppe, Collage Press Knave of Hearts, Maya Road Kraft Doilies; Brad: Basic Grey Indie Bloom; Stickers: Making Memories Shimmer Alphas; Tim Holtz Vagabond: Regal Crest Die & Bingo Texture Fade; Cricut: Storybook Cartridge; String: The Twinery; Vintage Other: flocked wallpaper, red tickets & lotto card...

Thanks for spending a little of your time with me this evening!
Talk to you soon!
Amy

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and loving that stitching!!

~amy~ said...

So very fabulous!

Debbie Carriere said...

Fabulous!! Awesome finds!! Thanks for playing at The Kraft Journal!!!!

Robin Thomas said...

Good stuff Miss Amy.

Connie Mercer said...

This is fabulous!! Hope you win!!!

Kimmie said...

Wowie! I love the mixture of all the different colors and elements. Simply awesome, Amy!

F.T said...

Inspiring work but the it doesn't have any title.

Plastic card Holders 
Plastic cards

Audrey Pettit said...

I love detail and layers on a card, and this one has stolen my heart, Amy! What a gorgeous design and fun combo of goodies. Love that you incorporate vintage treasures. Makes your work completely unique and just a pleasure to behold.

Briana Johnson said...

Oh this is GREAT - it is so refreshing to see someone mix all these bold colors and patterns and make it work to perfection! I love this!! Fab vintage touches! And the last post with the package and tag - I loved that too. I love every CurlyQ creation I see :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is beautiful, your layers came out great!

Michelle Hernandez said...

So bright and cheerful and just plain FUN- really lovely- I especially love the grey pattern with the blue and pink/green colors- fabulous layering on this card!