Friday, February 3, 2012

Carnival Birthday Card

A few week's ago my boys and I attended a dear friend's birthday party for her adorable Evangeline. Turning 5 going on 20, she is one smart little cookie and such a beautiful child inside and out. :)

For her birthday, her mother planned an elaborate party in the "Vintage Circus Room" of Pinkitzel in Oklahoma City. It has to be the fanciest cupcake destination on earth! They have rooms decked out in such beautifully decadent decor, it almost takes your breath away. (If you ever come to OKC, it should definitely be on your destination list.) Check out the photo gallery of this place, if you get a chance.... and be prepared to drool!

For Evangeline's card, I wanted it to serve as an embellishment for a big "E" I painted to garnish the top of her kraft wrapped packages. My mom had recently purchased me the Cricut Lite Carousel Cartridge, so I figured it was time to bust out the Cricut and put it to some much needed use. The images on this cartridge are so fun, I found myself cutting out all kinds of circus imagery. I finally decided to use the ferris wheel in the background and the elephant in the foreground to accentuate the "E." Coupling the images with My Mind's Eye's Kraft Funday/Happy Days/Everyday Collections and some twine, I think everything tied together perfectly.

Supplies I used are...MME Kraft Funday Happy Day Layered Stickers, Die-Cut Borders & Icing Paper, MME Kraft Funday Everyday Fun Wood Banners (I love these!), Luxe Cocktail Dress Mojito Paper, Colorbok Wine Cardstock, Maraschino Twine from the Twinery, kraft paper, red/yellow tickets and certainly not least the Carousel Cartridge. As for the "E", I recently scored appx 350 letters and numbers at a sale...they are vintage marquee letters ranging in size from 8-10" tall. Pretty cool, huh?

I hope this card/gift presentation has inspired you to create this weekend! Check back soon as I will be having a giveaway in celebration of my 100th post!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just amazing...I love the tickets that surround the card and gift...Thanks for sharing...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the elephant and the pennants! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Paper Issues said...

This is so amazing!!! I need it!!! Bad!!! =)

Michelle Hernandez said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I LOVE what you did with the twine and the pennant tag! GREAT photography in this post! You live in the best place for vintage shopping/! In my bucket list- shopping with you in OC!

~amy~ said...

love love love!!!

Robin Thomas said...

I saw it.

And it was fabulous.

Of course!

Valerie said...

this is stunning!!! I love so many things about this card - especially the flags from the ticket strips and you cluster with the elephant. So pretty Amy!!

Amelia Khalik said...

Gosh!!!! That is super gorgeous! Oohhh i love how everything compliment with each other. Every pieces belongs together in an artistic way! Love it!!! :))))

Lynn Biermann said...

this is adorable! the tickets, the twine, the banners-everything looks great! tfs:)

Megan Aaron said...

this is beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a stunning card and gift packaging, Amy! I am in LOVE with this! All those die cuts and tags are completely amazing looking and just so perfect for your friend's birthday. LOVE that large E and love your kraft gift wrapping. I would't want to open this, it's so gorgeous!

Briana Johnson said...

girl, you are so talented - this is the cutest gift presentation. LOVE love the layered circus stuff, love the colors, LOVE the ticket band! Too cute.

I've been to that place! I was there one night after a BB game but didn't get to stay long and didn't see the party room but that black and white room is like something you see in Vogue or something! Wow.

Connie Mercer said...

Thank You!! I ended up pinning your calendar also~what a fantastic idea. I got my bird cage on clearnace at HL and had your idea in the back of my head but that is what came out~love JB products and use them when ever I can. Again loved your piece and so glad you stopped by!!!!

Sandy Ang said...

What a fabulous card ! So unique and interesting