Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Always Make New Mistakes...

A very clever lady, Maureen called me back in December wanting a custom window done. Her favorite saying/words to live by are "Always Make New Mistakes." Pretty inspiring don't you think? For me, I take it as a challenge to try new things. Not worry about making mistakes, and if I do, make sure I don't make the same one twice! As for inspiration, she had seen one of my pieces, "Eat, Drink & Be Merry." (for image, see older post..http://curlyqmosaics.blogspot.com/2010/08/eat-drink-be-merry.html) The piece she wanted had many more letters to create, so it was very tedious and time consuming indeed. I teased her that I would never attempt to make such a piece again. I am glad she ordered it, as it pushed me to create on another level. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I am just grateful that the word wasn't supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! As for the funky paper in the background, don't you just love it! It is specialty paper from a company called Iota. Known for their paper & stationary, they have unleashed an entirely new line...all adorned with their zany, bright patterns. From journals & totes to baby shoes and aprons. To check out some of their fabulous goodies, go to http://www.everyiota.com/.

Thanks for fueling my creativity by stopping by and visiting!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Amelia Khalik said...

Omg..this piece is amazingly beautiful! So inspiring and full of life!..:))

Robin Thomas said...

I do love that line. That is so beautiufl. your work is on another level. You are so good.

Michelle Hernandez said...

This is FANTASTIC! I have to scrap that saying myself- I'm constantly freaked I'll "make a mistake" on a layout which makes me take longer than if I just "winged it". B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!

ellen s. said...

oh gosh i love that line!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes. it's gorgeous

Vanessa said...

that is a fabulous quote..we should all live by that..think of the things we could do!

love your piece..beautiful!!

BabyBokChoy said...

That window, it's a window right?? is seriously amazing, beautiful!!!

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh Amy - this is a stunning piece!!

Brenda said...

that is really cool! What a great way to use up an old window. And I love the saying too!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

This is superb! and that quote couldn't be 'truer'! :) I love the colour combo on this piece! so vibrant and fun! :)

Nancy said...

Oh Amy this is AMAZING!!! Love your lettering and that paper is DIVINE! I wouldn't mind having this in my home! you know my birthday is coming up...LOL...ROFL....I am just kidding...not that I wouldn't love it...but I wouldn't dare put you through this...plus I would want mine to say CREATIVE PEOPLE ARE SELDOM TIDY! that's my newest favorite phrase...I love you girl....I don't know how I missed this with all this extra time I have had on my hands lately. ;) just giving you a hard time...and I'm kidding of course...Had a blast at our girl's night btw! Love my mobile...maybe I'll get some pics in it today and post it.

Unknown said...

WOW!! I can't believe you made that, it's absolutely stunning!!

lisa said...

That's just stunning. A true piece of art!! x

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful - and I love that quote.

rev said...

how cool is this? totally love it!

Anonymous said...

Its amazing Amy! Beautiful!

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow, this is amazing!! Lotsa hardwork putting everything together and love the saying!!

Michelle Hernandez said...

HI! Thank for being so supportive of my blog- it's so great to always hear from you. The cloud paper is an old collection from Crate paper called "cloud" and found it on ebay- it comes like that- die cut and with the 2 tone border.

Susan said...

thank you for your thoughtful and tres encouraging comment regarding my etsy shop wares. I just deactivated a bunch of prints I hope I didn't take away something you liked. Let me know if a fav is missing and thanks again. You made my day !

I feel like I've been making loads of "new mistakes" lately ... a very beautiful piece.

Susan said...

and a ps. I'm just about to list the original collage Good Things Come No.2 at my etsy shop ...

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh Amy! This, my girl, is OFF THE HOOK!
Wow... you do amazing work!

patti west said...

AMY. This is awesome!!! Love that you created the inspirational message w/black letters - they pop right off your colorful background. Honest to God, you amaze me w/your creativity!!! Thanks for being so freakin' fabulous!!! :) :)

Beata said...

It's amazing! Very inspiring:)

Sandy Ang said...

A most telling moto to live by. I believe in mistakes and failures being transformative in our lives. Thanks for the inspiration.