Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thrift Store Treasure...

Yesterday I went to the local thrift store and came across this shirt. The pattern on the shirt immediately reminded me of scrapbooking paper. Knowing that it was a shirt that I would never fit into, I thought I might share the wealth of it's beauty. Feeling the need to be creative this afternoon, the shirt kept beckoning me to "transform" it into a masterpiece.



Here are the details...
I scanned/copied the shirt and printed it out on photo paper. It is amazing how the image looks just like the fabric, texture and all. Next I planned on cutting up the shirt. My son, thought I was crazy to do such a thing. Anyways, the other day I had seen a tutorial on spiral paper roses and thought why not try it using fabric? I have a great obsession with the new "rosette" craze and figured it is about time I try it out myself. To my satisfaction, it actually was pretty easy and I think the rosette turned out great. With a little imagination and lots of scrapbooking goodies from Hambly, etc this is the finished product. I plan on creating more of these recycled fabric rosette/card combinations. The rosette will be a hair clip that easily attaches to the card, and would make a great simple gift for a friend or co-worker. Let me know what you think!

Oh yes, if you want to see the tutorial on the spiral roses go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiB3soNy4e8

5 comments:

Jessica Wekenman said...

Hi! I saw this card on scrapbook.com and wanted to let you know how amazing I think it is! I love the whole process behing making this beautiful card! It is so bright and cheery! I also love your windows!

Birgit Koopsen said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
Love what you did with this shirt! Wonderful colors and that flower is awesome!

jackie p said...

Great Job! Love your idea.
Hope to see you at the Paper Crown tuesday evening. And thanks for visiting my blog.

Nancy said...

here we are at work looking through your blog site...K, Mil, Car, and ME :) this card is AB FAB!!!!!

Kim Duran said...

Thanks for your nice comment of my layout on my blog. And I love what you did with that shirt you found at the thrift store. The flower looks so pretty!