Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Custom Quatrefoil Window for Baby Emma

Hello friends!  Today I would like to share with you a custom window I created for a beautiful baby's nursery.  A wonderful customer and friend contacted me to create this special one-of-a-kind window to go over the baby's crib in the nursery.  The entire room is done in wonderful shades of gray, with lots of elegant patterns throughout.  From the chandelier and precious quilt, to the quatrefoil rug and painstakingly perfect patterned accent wall, this nursery is definitely fit for a princess!  
 
The window design itself is a new method I have been playing around with.  I created the overall quatrefoil pattern using the Sizzix Bigz Die - Label, Moorish.  I rounded up an extensive pile of gray patterned papers and was very pleased with the variety.  By spacing the diecuts, the negative space takes on the quatrefoil pattern that is so popular right now.  Leaving the open borders around the shapes, also creates a wonderful extra dimension you don't see in my other windows.  When hanging on the wall, it allows the color of the wall to shine through from behind.  Such a dramatic effect, I love the way it turned out. 
 
I congratulate Meghan on your new bundle of joy, Ms. Emma.  May this window bring a lifetime of enjoyment for your baby girl.  I sincerely thank you for allowing me to create something so very special, for such a wonderful time in your life.  :)

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!