Friday, January 11, 2013

Designing for Tim Holtz???

Can you believe it???  Yes, you read that right.  Still not even comprehending the magnitude of such an opportunity, I will give you a little history on how all this even came about...

I am sure most of you already follow the blog, One Lucky Day.  Last fall, I was searching the internet for some vintage inspiration, and stumbled across One Lucky Day.  It was love at first sight for me, I seriously spent hours looking through years worth of posts! 

In November, One Lucky Day created and sold the most fabulous "Oh Christmas Tree" kit.  Let me tell you, it has to be the most amazing kit/project I have ever laid eyes on.  As soon as I saw it, I knew my mother and I just had to have it.  After e-mail communication with the ever amazing Paula Cheney, the rest is history.

Paula Cheney is the Creative Coordinator for Tim Holtz.  She found my blog simply from our e-mails back and forth in regards to the kit.   A few weeks later, I received an e-mail from Paula asking me if I would be interested in designing some samples for the upcoming CHA convention, and specifically for Tim Holtz!!!  Hello, that was a no brainer for me, who wouldn't jump at the chance! 

Getting to play with amazing new product and dies, I created 4 samples that made it all the way out to California.  I hope my creations have done Tim & Paula proud.  I can't wait to see the booth displays as they are unveiled tomorrow.  From all this, I have found that opportunities arise when you least expect it.  You never know what amazing experiences await you around the next corner. 

I want to give a special thank you to Paula.  For if it weren't for you, none of this would have been possible for me.  Thank you for appreciating my design style, and for choosing me to be one of Tim's designers.  It has truly been an honor.  :)

To all my readers out there, stay tuned as I start unveiling all my projects using tons of Tim's new products!  Happy Friday everyone!
Amy

12 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Wow, that is really wonderful! Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to take a look :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww!! That is AWESOME!!! You go girl!! CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! That is so amazing and SO deserved!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see all your work! Sooooo exciting!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Wait? WHAT what???? AWESOOOOOME!!! I KNEW you would break the big time sooner or later- your work is so amazing! The color, cheerfulness of tone and variety of your creations is incredibly inspiring so I'm not surprised. SO VERY HAPPY YAAAYYYYYY!!! Congrats!! Take some photos pretty please? I'm so curious!!!

Valerie said...

What a perfect position for you Amy - congratulations. A perfect match of talents!! Great news - can't wait to see your projects :)

Queen Mary said...

Congratulations!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

This makes me so happy! Your talent and creativity are amazing and I just adore your projects, Amy. Have fun doing what you do best...making projects we all want to re-create!

misty said...

WOW!!! That is HUGE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Robin Thomas said...

You are so awesome and you deserve it!

I look forward to seeing what you created!!!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment about my Winter Mantel. Congratulations on your wonderful new adventure. I am always drawn to the Tim Holtz products. How exciting!
Suzanne @ Pieced Pastimes

Briana Johnson said...

Wow, wow, wow, girl!! I am so proud and happy for you! What a great opportunity - BUT one you have totally earned. Your work is honestly awesome and I am so happy for you!