Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall'n for Flair

Paper Issues has issued the newest theme:  Fall'n for Flair.  With the start of fall finally here, it is refreshing to feel a bit of crispness in the air.  Especially here in Oklahoma, where we are known for 100+ temperatures all summer long it seems.  As for the flair, I am all about it!  You know me for my mosaics and my calendars.  I would have to say my calendars are dripping with tons of flair, wouldn't you agree?

Today I share with you 2 calendars I created for 2 sisters both with their own sense of style.  As you can see they were each custom created to suit their favorite color schemes and patterns.  When designing them, they both gave me artistic license to create.  It is so fun to play with these calendars with so many little bits and doodads.  So much vintage goodness from years gone by.  Having a huge stash of numbers I have collected over the past few years, it is almost like putting together a puzzle every time.  I hope that Holly and Heather have been enjoying their calendars, month after month!  :)

Don't forget to share your "flair" projects with us at Paper Issues.  You might just be featured with your awesome project, and there is some "fabulous flair" up for grabs.  Check out the info for the giveaway here, and link up here!

Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Every time I see one of your amazing calendars, I always wonder if I should even attempt my hand at one. I fear that it wouldn't come close to your absolute perfection. Love these!

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!! I am in LOVE! These are so amazing!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee your calendars!!!! These are just GORGEOUS!!!!! I always love the bits you use for the numbers!

~amy~ said...

lovelovelove

Irini said...

AMY!!!!!!!!!!!
Ihave missed coming by your blog!
this summer was not a good one my computer and I were not on speaking terms!! LOL....left me in the lurch many a time. I think those days are over now (secretly crossing fingers)
I have missed so much fo you creations....girl you blow me away with your creativity!
You are so inspiring
I will be back for more!
hugz
irini

Paper Issues said...

Love these SO, SO much! You're featured at PI today!
http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/09/dripping-with-flair.html

Shelley Haganman said...

This is fabulous! I love the eclectic collection of numbers!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your calendars are always so amazing, Amy! Love that you personalized these for your sisters own style and color choices. And SO love all the ephemera you've used for the numbers!!

Unknown said...

You always make the best calendars!

Sandy xox

Michelle Hernandez said...

Hey there! This is beautiful! Congrats on another successful craft show- to have your work appreciated and sell must be the best feeling in the world! I really like the mosaic in your latest post! Just wanted to drop by and say Happy Thanksgiving and Ormolu is having a design team call- girl you NEED to apply. :)

Michelle Hernandez said...

Hey there! This is beautiful! Congrats on another successful craft show- to have your work appreciated and sell must be the best feeling in the world! I really like the mosaic in your latest post! Just wanted to drop by and say Happy Thanksgiving and Ormolu is having a design team call- girl you NEED to apply. :)