Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry "Belated" Christmas!

Hello Everyone! It seems like forever since I have shared with you on my blog. This month has been such a whirlwind of magic, excitement, memories & festivities. I hope yours has been just as wonderful!

Today I would like to share with you my Christmas Card creation for family & friends this year. It is a hybrid card if you will...both digital and hand created. The boys had a photo shoot back in September, and I knew right away this is the photo I wanted for the card. I have this overstuffed baroque frame and thought it would be fun to have them peeking through it. It is so fun and playful. As for the the beautiful imagery around the photo, that is from the uber talented Rhonna Farrer. I am absolutely obsessed with her designs...they are so full of details and intricate patterns. I used both the Christmas Junque Pieces Kit as well as the Christmas Word Art Brush Kit. I really hope that Rhonna comes out with this collection in paper /embellishment form like she did with the Daily Junque Collection this last year. That collection has to be one of my favorites. Ever.

As for the card, I basically took the electronic photograph and worked with the digital images to create the card. I printed on matte photo paper, and adhered kraft paper to the back for extra durability. I then printed extra birds with the hats as well as the "merry" flag. I fussy cut around the images and put foam dots under them to give the cards some extra dimension. I mailed them out in clear plastic envelopes. I am a fanatic when it comes to the clear envelopes....great for presentation and mailing....definitely will not go unnoticed! :)

Lastly, I wanted to share with you a picture of my "spooky" Santa as my son calls it. Everyone knows I am a nut for vintage anything, and my mom picked this dude up for me at a local antique store! He is from the early 1950's, from the Rushton Star Company. He looks to be from the same company that created Zippy monkeys. Did any of you ever have one of those sweet little guys? Talk about a blast from the past!

I will be back soon to share with you the calendar I created for Jack's teacher this year.
Have a safe & memorable New Years! May you create lots of wonderful memories! Love, Amy

PS, if you love the fluffy frame as much as I do, they are on sale over at Uncommon Goods! Regularly $50, they have them in purple and hot pink for $30!

9 comments:

Michelle Hernandez said...

Love that frame!! The card is a great idea- I still haven't sent mine but whatever- better later than never! Thank you for the clear envelope idea- will now HAVE to try it! And spooky Santa is awesome!!!! Off to uncommon goods to look into that frame idea!

Valerie said...

Your card is adorable Amy - I love what you created and yes I love that frame!!
Yes, that Santa is a little spooky but he makes up for that with his vintage charm :)
Glad to hear you had a great holiday :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeee your card!! GORGEOUS!!! And that Santa is very COOL!!! I am glad you had a great Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sara said...

Wow, this card is sooo cool, just love it!!

Andrea Amu said...

That stuffed frame is just so funky, Amy!
I adore your photo/Christmas card!

And that 1950's spooky Santa... too funny! I have a photo of my Dad from the 1950's posed with someone dressed in a Santa suit, and this Santa was wearing a "Santa mask". It too looks quite spooky, lol! My niece always says the picture gives her the creeps, lol!

Well, I hope you have a very blessed and happy New Year, 2012!

Jodi said...

What a fabulous card!! looooove the photo, and the stuffed frame is da bomb!!!!

Carol said...

that is a spooky santa!! but i love him ;) happy new year to you!

Joan said...

Love your Christmas card! Your boys are adorable!!
Happy 2012 to you and your family!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Amy! LOVE that photo of your guys! I'm smiling over your "spooky" Santa. I've got a couple of vintage Santas that are a bit eerie, too. :)