Friday, April 1, 2011

Que Sera Sera Calendar

Happy Friday Friends! I hope everyone has had a pretty decent week, despite the occasional ups and downs! :) Today for your inspiration, I would like to share with you my most recent calendar that I made last week. It was a custom order with very limited direction. I love when my customers give me full artistic realm as to what to create. The calendar was to be sold at a sorority auction. The main colors of the sorority were blue, silver & gold/yellow. Feeling the need to include red into practically everything I do, I chose to do the calendar with lots of red...highlighting it with bursts of blues and golds. As you can see, the majority of the calendar was created using lots of vintage ephemera and lots of fun doodads.

For all you scrappers out there, here are the products I used...patterned papers: K & Company's "Que Sera Sera" & Amy Butler, Glitz Designs Scarlett for the handmade rolled flower; borders: GCD Studios Artsy Urban, vintage yellow tickets; flocked blue sticker: Anna Griffin. Tools I used: Imaginisce's Roly Rosies as a template as well as the big Fancy Pants swirls stamp I use all the time. :) As for the actual magnets, I used a Jillibean Soup journaling jot for the #7, a Maya Road bingo marker for the #14, a crown rub-on from the infamous Jenni Bowlin for the #21 and lastly a sweet felt cupcake to commemorate birthdays from Martha Stewart.

I hope you enjoyed this little burst of color this afternoon! Let's all do our best to have the best weekend EVER! :) As always thank you dearly for stopping by and all of the fabulous comments you leave me, I truly feel the love. :)

17 comments:

Cassie said...

O.M.G!!!!! I love this!!!! I totally enjoyed the burst of color! You made me wanna go glue something!!! =)

kim c said...

this made me think of Frida. Love it.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Wowzers!!! This is super gorgeous!!! love the colours!!! and your choice of embellies are fab gurl!! :)

Michelle Hernandez said...

Amy this project is a complete KNOCK OUT! My jaw literally dropped when I saw it. The bits and bobs used to designate the day are so fantastic!!!!! And those Amy Butler and K & Co lines are my absolute FAVES- great combo!!

Amelia Khalik said...

Wow amy, seriously i love ur choice of colours. Bursting with so much energy n i believe it brightens one's day when they received such a beautiful piece of art!!! Gorgeous!!:))))

LollyChops said...

Such a creative and beautiful calendar! I love the way you marked the dates!
HUGS!!!

loes de groot said...

wow i love the colors.......
this is a real beauty

Nancy said...

Truly outstanding girlie! LOVE IT ALL!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the different numbers you used! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for visiting my blog... I truly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ellen s. said...

oh wowowoowowwo! love love love it!

patti west said...

hi Amy! This calendar is so beautiful and so you!!! If I were to see it somewhere...I would think to myself "Amy made that". :) :) I have a question. What do you start with? I mean, what is the background of the calendar made from? Thanks, Amy!! Love this and I bet it will bring a bundle at auction!!! :)

~jan said...

Amy! This is one of the most creative (and beautiful!) projects I've ever seen! Love all the vintage goodies and the creative way you did the numbers! Im sure this will bring in a top $ at the auction and Im sure your client was over the moon happy with it!

Valerie said...

Love all the color and texture - you are so talented Amy. I bet this was the 'must have' at the auction!!

Kim Sonksen said...

WOW WOW WOW
That has to be one of the most wonderful calenders I have ever seen. What an AWESOME project girl. I bet your customer was over the moon

Chrissy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this calendar! I want to make one! And I can't wait to see what you do with the Daily Junque line!

babalisme said...

Oh the rolled flower!! Gotta love them! How versatile and beautiful! Love the creative choice if numbering too! Mahjong tiles! you are the (wo)man!

Sonia said...

Hi, Hola!
I love how you did this project, wow!
Great Creation.
Beautiful Blog.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

**Your new follower**