Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Little Monster is 3!

















A few days ago we celebrated Sam's 3rd birthday in true monster fashion! I know I have an obsession with my children's birthday parties. I completely go over the top. From the invitations and goodie bags to the cake and birthday attire, I cover it all . My poor children fall victim to my excessive behavior when it comes to such grand events but they sure make for wonderful memories, fun and GREAT pictures! I typically plan the party theme almost a year in advance. Then, my mind starts reeling with ideas from what the theme will be to party colors and entertainment for the children. My mother and I collaborate and have a sometimes stressful but great time doing it. She bakes the cake, and then we decorate it together...yes, another one of my obsessions...making fondant cakes. My mother and I have always dreamed of having a "birthday" business that includes every detail...almost like birthday planners instead of wedding planners if you will. In the future I might post images from the infamous Fred Flinstone & Sam I Am Green Eggs and Ham parties just to name a few. Enjoy some of these sweet images of Sam's party...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, what a GREAT photo!!! sums up that amazing monster party perfectly!!! You should have taken a photo of all the goodie bags..and the cupcake toppers you made girl!!! they were all fabulous!!! As for the tool I used...I am going to buy you one! so you will just have to wait and see...you could do your entire journaling with it...and I like the way it looks when it's all messed up myself....I've had it for awhile....and the more you use it...the better you get at it...maybe it will be my little present to you when you come to the scrap meeting :)

aimee said...

Oh my goodness how adorable! The cake is amazing! You are so talented, what a beautiful day!

Nerrida said...

Thats a gorgeous layout - adore the colours. SO Vibrant.